Today, I was nominated for a Liebster award by fellow blogger, Karen, of the blog Blue Sky Days 365 (https://blueskydays365.wordpress.com). I am honored by this nomination, and hope I am able to respond appropriately.
About Karen and Blue Sky Days 365
Karen is an inspirational blogger who started her blog as a way to share her thoughts, promote positive, healthy living, and chronicle her own personal story through her achievements and struggles. Being a survivor of breast cancer and living with ongoing depression, anxiety, and PTSD, Karen is no stranger to adversity. Her moods and emotions fluctuate, but where she is consistent is in her strength and genuine desire to see opportunity where others may see only despair. This is inherent in her nature as well as in the title of her blog, which is, as she puts it:
A reminder that the blue sky is ever present behind the dark clouds.
About the Award
The Liebster is an award given to new and upcoming blogs, as nominated by fellow bloggers, in order to give exposure and foster a community of recognition and appreciation. The award was first implemented in 2011, and has been in place each year since.
The official rules for 2018 are as follows, and can be found in entirety on the blog The Global Aussie, at https://theglobalaussie.com/liebster-award-2018/
Rules – Overview
- Link to official rules blog post in your Liebster Award blog post
- Answer the questions given to you (11)
- Create more questions for your nominees to answer (11)
- Comment on the official rules blog post with a link DIRECTLY to your Liebster award nomination post.
Entries start 1st Jan 2018 and ends on 25th Dec 2018. The winner will be picked on the 31st of December.
Rules – Detailed
Note: I modified these slightly for readability outside of the context of the original official rules post.
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
- New to the 2018 Liebster Award: Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (Optional)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award the award.
- List these rules in your post
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or to the official rules post if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it! Post a comment in the comments on the official rules post so others can view your post and check out your blog.
My Responses to Questions Posed
The questions posed by Karen, and my responses thereto, were as follows:
- What is your favourite time of day, and why?
I am an early riser.
- Which country have you visited most often?
- What one thing would change your life for the better?
- What decade did you enjoy most and why?
- What would you spend a £1000/$1000 prize on?
- What was your favourite band as a child?
- What could you not live without?
- What is your favourite play/musical/theatre show?
- Which movie character do you identify most with?
- Which person living or not, would you invite to dinner?
My father smelled like horses
Like clothing tossed as a tool in a truck bed
My father looked like patience
Like ambitions held back by a world run dry
My father was a pioneer
In a day where there was nowhere left to go
An adolescent tasked with a fruitless art
I am the son of a coyote.
- What is your favourite ice cream flavour?
My Nominees and Questions Thereto
I hereby nominate the following blogs for the 2018 Liebster Award:
Description: Lovestrucksatire is a lovely, frequently updated blog filled with short stories, poetry, and bits of wisdom carefully arranged within thoughtful and intentional posts. Despite the name, this blog covers a range of topics, though love and relationships are a central theme.
Author: Grateful Single Mom
Description: Out of the tragic end to a marriage, this author forged a path forward through the creation of this blog, where she documents her journey through single motherhood. There are a variety of posts, ranging from delicious recipes, personal stories in a journal format, prompt responses, and various others. Each post generally contains an appropriate photograph as well.
Description: Mortality Park is a self-described “Art and Lit Collective”, full of brilliant minds posting a menagerie of poetic flows straight from their hearts to yours. The posts are very broad and varied in topic, often requiring some patience and knowledge/research to parse, but ultimately very fulfilling and thought-provoking, both in terms of content and subject matter. Posts are generally accompanied by visual media that compliments the writing.
Author: Thought for Change
Description: Though this is a very new and developing blog from a young writer, there is a great deal of potential in the words, style, and content of posts. Posts are typically short journal entries, but there is poetry, social commentary, and visual media as well. The most powerful element of this blog, for me at least, is the genuine nature of the author’s approach. The posts speak directly from the author’s heart, and carry with them great wisdom, insight, and a pursuit of truth/justice.
Author: A.B. Guy
Description: A.B. Guy Stories is another very new blog that is still developing and finding its legs. But that is really what made me nominate it… The author is straight-forward and honest in their growth, with many of the posts detailing the writing process and seeking to drive the author further along. I am impressed with the commitment, passion, and overall writing skill of this blog.
The following are the questions I request that the nominees answer in their acceptance post, should they choose to do so.
- What/who provides you the highest level of inspiration and why?
- What is your passion; what makes you do what you do?
- What do you desire most in life, and what are you doing to achieve it?
- If, upon death, you were to be forever captured in human memory as a single piece of writing, what form would that writing take and what would it be about?
- What are the most pressing concerns you have regarding barriers to a more positive future?
- If you could choose between sleeping forever, lucid but unable to control the context of the dream, and awake forever, unable to dream but never tiring, which would you choose and why?
- Think to the moments just before falling asleep and just after waking. Generally speaking, what is the biggest difference in your thoughts, in your presence, in your being?
- You are presented with the opportunity to rule the world, knowing without any doubt that in doing so, you will bring about a small period of total peace and tranquility before you ultimately become corrupt, leading to much loss of life and followed by a return to the status quo. Should you decline, you are aware with the same level of certainty that the world will go on exactly as-is; nothing will change in the slightest and you will eventually dismiss the memory as a delusion. Do you accept, and why?
- You have the option to forgive any one single person completely of all their misgivings, famous/infamous or personal, alive or dead, good or evil, and in doing so, those misgivings are undone and that person is fully restored to a positive/neutral standing with everyone they ever wronged or were wronged by. Who you do forgive and why?
- What excites you most about the current advancement of technology and what makes you most wary? Why?
- If you could remove or alter any one natural law or human behavior, what would it be and why?